Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mission Impossible


Two days ago we had bigger-than-normal surf in Southern California. Nate Apffel, who made the Lost Prophets film I supported wrote this as his FaceBook status:

Scariest surf... HUGE 6-8ft hawaiin blacks. I take three on the head, almost drown. I go into the beach and see a surfer who was a paramedic giving CPR to a guy who had drown. 6 minutes of no heart beat and the guy is saved! After being stretchered up to a waiting ambulance he is concious and talking... I do believe in miracles!

From St Oswald today regarding asking for the impossible and believing that we will receive it:

This man received his sight. The most impossible thing to you is that you should be so identified with the Lord that there is nothing of the old life left. He will do it if you ask Him. But you have to come to the place where you believe Him to be Almighty. Faith is not in what Jesus says but in Himself; if we only look at what He says we shall never believe. When once we see Jesus, He does the impossible thing as naturally as breathing. Our agony comes through the wilful stupidity of our own heart. We won't believe, we won't cut the shore line, we prefer to worry on.

Not getting into details, I have some daunting tasks facing me, some challenges that seem overwhelming. I'm at the point of frustration where I start getting angry with people that I care about and love because of it. That's not who I like to be. These are my breakthrough moments with God and in my own personal development--the times when I have to breathe, pray and listen more. . .


lost amid the noise
scratching towards the surface
miracles of air

No comments:

Post a Comment