Thursday, February 18, 2010

Losing Control


I received a couple of interesting messages today, this one from a friend from a book titled The Message:

"Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

From my Dad today via another friend from Isaiah 55:

“ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, 11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

All this was in my inbox BEFORE I got to Mammoth airport at 10am, sat there until about 1pm and then learned my postponed flight to LAX was cancelled--the same flight that was supposed to connect me to my fight to Maui. So I spent the day meeting new folks, breaking some bread with them, sharing some drinks and flying via Reno to LAX and catching a ride home to Laguna. Typically I'd get a bit bent out of shape, but not today, because I'd been told twice that I didn't need to be in control of it all already.

Then of course, St Oz drives it home:

Read John 13. We see there the Incarnate God doing the most desperate piece of drudgery, washing fishermen's feet, and He says - "If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, ye also ought to wash one another's feet." It requires the inspiration of God to go through drudgery with the light of God upon it. Some people do a certain thing and the way in which they do it hallows that thing for ever afterwards.


embrace drudgery
displace worry, lose control
transformed spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment